Thank you for your interest in
I'm calling for submissions with first person viewpoints of inanimate objects*, concepts or animals. The theme is open; you can submit anything.
- a bridge - what happened on the bridge, how did it feel, what are its innermost thoughts about a conversation it heard while someone was crossing over it, what is its favorite season or time of day, what does it feel like to be walked on
- a postcard - how does it feel to be written on by a pen, what was written on its back, does it know a secret
- a bottle with a message - what does it feel like to bob on the water, was it found by someone
- an escalator - how does it feel to perpetually loop, did it hear a conversation between children/parents/lovers, what was a memorable event
- a purse - is it claustrophobic or does it like the company of other objects
- a cloud - what is its perspective as a sunrise or sunset or northern lights
- a Ferris wheel, a printer, a shoe, a tree . . . the list is never ending!
Ideally, your submission would include dialogue but it's not necessary.
See the guidelines for more information.
I look forward to your creativity and learning more about how objects perceive their world.
* Kindly leave sexual-related objects for another magazine